This Live Show episode was broadcast live on Thursday, January 7, 2021. For more information on the show, please visit our YouTube page at http://youtube.arcaderepairtips.com/. All of our past episodes can be found there as well as the upcoming schedule for our future episodes. On this episode, Tim and Jonathan discussed the following topics…
- Question from Rick who has a Defender/Defender 2 standup arcade machine with a CRT tube that’s cracked at the neck.
Donor TVs for Arcade Monitor Picture Tubes (Junknet.net) – https://www.junknet.net/arcade/donor-tvs/
- Question from Gus involving a Robotron joystick that won’t go left sometimes.
- Question from Jamie who wants to move up to a 412-in-1 Game Elf board in his 60-in-1 multicade cabinet and has some questions about the process.
JAMMA Trackball Harness for Multicade Boards (412-in-1) (Holland Computers) – http://bit.ly/hc-trackball-harness
- Question from crocsocks292 who has an original Street Fighter cabinet with multiple issues including no neck glow on the monitor and mismatched joystick types.
- Question from Corey who purchased a Big Buck Hunter Pro from an auction that doesn’t have the computer on the inside.
- Question from Doreen who has a cocktail cabinet that has sound but no video.
- Question from Christopher who can only see half of the screen on his arcade monitor.
- Question from DarkIsAndy who is looking for information on how to adjust the horizontal size/width of his screen.
- Tim’s Tech Tip: SLAPtastic! The Atari Slapstic Chip Replacement Now Available from Hot Rod Arcade – http://bit.ly/hra-slaptastic
- Continue, save, quit? Houston arcades face unprecedented struggle during pandemic (Houston Chronicle) – https://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/article/Continue-save-quit-Houston-arcades-face-15831730.php
- Stern Pinball Reveals Led Zeppelin (Pinball News) – https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2020/12/15/stern-reveals-led-zeppelin-pinball/
- 2021 Texas Pinball Festival scheduled for March 26-28 has been cancelled due to COVID-19 – https://www.facebook.com/TexasPinball/posts/10158908932874116
- The Insert Coin Documentary that tells the behind-the-scenes story of Midway Games during the arcade boom of the 90s is now available – https://amzn.to/2WdNdh1
After Show Links:
Please feel free to leave any comments, questions or suggestions below or on the YouTube page for this episode. As always, you can contact us when we are off the air by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!
Live Show – Episode 47 – My Defender’s Neck Is Broken
Special thanks goes to David Vaughan for composing all of the great chiptunes music that we use in our content and Nathan Knight for providing our excellent voiceovers. Please check out their websites for information on the services they provide.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (83.8MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts |