Return to Q&A Database

1 answer

Jonathan Leung Jonathan Leung Staff January 3, 2019

Response from Jonathan: Dan,

Yes, a cap kit may help. Cap kits are always a good place to start regardless of the problem with your monitor. From your pictures, this looks to be a voltage issue of some sort so replacing some of the caps in the 900 section of the chassis (such as filter cap C904) could solve this issue. Of course, we always recommend installing an entire cap kit and not just the individual caps. If the cap kit doesn’t solve the issue, then you may have a horizontal deflection issue caused by either a bad transistor or IC. Hope that helps.


This question has been closed