This is the February 2020 episode of the QA Podcast with Erich and Rusty. For more information on the podcast, please visit our iTunes page at http://itunes.arcaderepairtips.com or our Stitcher page at http://stitcher.arcaderepairtips.com. All of our past episodes can be found at these locations along with review sections where you can leave comments for the guys. On this episode, Erich and Rusty answered your arcade repair questions regarding…
- A Hard Drivin’ arcade machine where there is no sound and the monitor is white with orange lines
- A Mortal Kombat 2 with a screen that’s all black but still outputs the sound
- An Arcade Legends where the roller ball works but it won’t let the player select a game
- A NBA Jam with a fuse in the transformer that keeps blowing
- A Ms. Pac Man with a screen that is blurred and discolored
- A Nintendo PlayChoice that will not power on at all after being moved
- A Demolition Derby that will just show blocks in the picture unless the reset buttons are pushed
- An Arcade Classics that sounds like it’s booting up but only shows a black screen
- and converting arcade games that have been setup for free play back to coin play
Along with answering these questions, Erich and Rusty also discuss various gameroom topics including why light gun games require CRT monitors, the special battery in Atari driving game, Williams WPC pinball power issues, Asteroids sound problems, and some potentiometer size issues. Please feel free to leave any comments, questions or suggestions below. As always, you can contact them by email at email@example.com or by calling the voicemail line at (972) 8AR-TIPS or (972) 827-8477. Enjoy!
Special thanks goes to David Payne and John Williams for composing the great arcade-style music that we use in our podcast and Jeff Martin for providing the excellent voiceovers. Please check out their websites for information on the services they provide.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (86.8MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |