This is the January 2018 episode of the QA Podcast with Erich and Rusty. For more information on the podcast, please visit our iTunes page at http://itunes.arcaderepairtips.com or our Stitcher page at http://stitcher.arcaderepairtips.com. All of our past episodes can be found at these locations along with review sections where you can leave comments for the guys. On this episode, Erich and Rusty answered your arcade repair questions regarding…
- An Atari Star Wars machine with a red, green, and blue dot in the middle of the screen
- A Police Trainer 2 that needs a new chassis board
- A Cruis’n Exotica with a scrambled screen with horizontal lines
- A 60-in-1 cabinet with a monitor that intermittently turns itself off
- A Nanao MS8-26SU that turns on and then back off quickly when powered on
- A Lost World: Jurassic Park where the guns just don’t work
- A Multigame cabinet where half the screen is not the same color as the other half
- An Ikari III: The Rescue game where the whole screen tends to rotate up all the time
- and a Ms. Pac Man that plays but has no picture on the screen
Along with answering these questions, Erich and Rusty also discuss what tools you need to work on games and interview Ken Graham on what it was like working for Williams in the 80’s. Please feel free to leave any comments, questions or suggestions below. As always, you can contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the voicemail line at (972) 8AR-TIPS or (972) 827-8477. Enjoy!
Special thanks goes to David Payne and John Williams for composing the great arcade-style music that we use in our podcast and Jeff Martin for providing the excellent voiceovers. Please check out their websites for information on the services they provide.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (131.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |